WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Joy in work

Family and friends!!
Venice in the rain!

 I honestly still can't believe I am a missionary here in this city. There is nothing better than teaching the gospel to the people who live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world! I really feel extremely lucky and blessed to be doing this. Today was a great Pday despite having a homeless man almost pass out on me... We just biked around the city and went to some cool shops.

Me an Anziano Santoro doing some missionary work in Venice

On Thursday we did our exchange with the Elders of Mestre which was great. I was with Anziano Santoro who is from the south of Italy, and we did some door to door in Venice which isn't something you get to do everyday. We met some very nice people and had a great lesson at the end of the day in downtown Mestre.

Some missionaries took a picture of me and Anziano Santoro teaching someone during our exchange.

 Here in Bologna, the work is moving along well and I've noticed that miracles never seem to stop happening, as long as we work and try our best, of course.

Gelato!!

 We were finally able to meet with our new investigator named Salvatore who we found in the park. We taught him the restoration and I couldn't believe I was talking to the same person who laughed at us and told us God doesn't exist(Which is what happened when we first contacted him).

Our friend Tood, who is from Australia.  He gives us free Gelato!

 It is absolutely crazy how the spirit can change people and give them the desire to learn more. At the end of the lesson he said he has thirst to read the Book of Mormon. We hope for the best and I'm excited to see how he does. We have been teaching this new guy named Pablo. He is sort of a hippie who plays the guitar on the streets but he really has the desire to learn more about Jesus Christ! The gospel is literally for everyone.

My buddy Desmond


On Saturday we did some service for the Alessandro family who lives in the hills of Tuscany which was super cool. It was really tiring but I was so happy to finally meet with this amazing member family. At the end they fed us a super good lunch and I shared with them D&C 18:16 which reads "If your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!" I know I have shared this scripture in my emails before but its just too true not share it again. I challenged this family to share the gospel with as many people as they can because it will bring them so much happiness as it will strengthen them as a family. This work brings so much joy, more joy than I have felt at any other time in my life.
Bologna.   Everyone: we HAVE to visit here after my mission!

  Keep choosing the right! I really love and miss all of you. Ciao!

 -Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment