WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Some of my happiest moments...

Hellloooo Mia Famiglia e miei Amici! 

 
Yes..I found a cat who kept wanting to come into church!
 



Pday pizza in Venice!  I'm the second to last one ha ha!
I felt like I was writing you just yesterday! I don't even know where time goes, I have 1 year left from tomorrow...so weird. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer because I sure am! I have been lucky enough to find myself in Venice once again for Pday! I really am so blessed to be in this mission.

 
 


This week wasn't easy but we did the best we could to keep the ball rolling in this beautiful city. Bologna is beautiful in a million ways except for the fact that it doesn't have the beach and that's where everyone goes for the summer! Lots of members and most of our investigators have been out of town so we have resorted to lots of finding and creative work to find new people to share our message with. The great news is that our hard work has brought us success with a new investigator named Salvatore. We will be meeting with him this Friday so i'm really looking forward to that.

This weekend our ward had a big Barbecue and it was really tasty and fun. The members here are like family to me and they are seriously the best.

This is Timoteo: the coolest member in the world!

Ward BBQ


I had a really cool experience this week while we were at a members house. This member and his family lives with another family who is from Nigeria. I started talking to the father of the other family about the church and I found out that he is a member of the church but hasn't been for 16 years. He has some pretty bad problems with alcohol but told us he wants to quit and change everything. I shared with him that we have a Savior who made it possible for us to have the strength to overcome addiction and become clean again. He came to church the next day for the first time in 16 years!! He is now on the path to turn everything around to be a better person and and Father for his Family.

Last Monday we had a mission wide fast so that we could find more people to teach the gospel to. In district meeting we talked about how important it is to show people that we truly love and care about them.

When people feel the love you have for them, they will become more open to hear what you have to say. Someone shared a cool quote that I really liked, "People don't care about how much you know until they know how much you care." It is so true! I really do care about each person here. 

The mission is the best. I feel like some of the happiest moments in life are experienced in the mission because here we also experience some of the most challenging moments. 

It's just the best. I love and miss you all.

-Anziano Hogan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment