WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Training...and good things happening

Hey everybody!
 
(our district...and I'm smiling in this one)

 This was a great week. I received some pretty big news on Friday as I was making some pasta. President Allen called me and asked me to train a missionary here in Bologna! I really look forward to training someone here this city. That means I will be here in Bologna for 13 more weeks which will make a total of about 6 months here! I wouldn't want to spend 1/4 of my mission anywhere else.

We saw some really great things this week. Anziano McPherson and I tried out very best to reach our goal of 21 lessons and we almost made it! We taught 18 people this week after hours of finding and hard work. He told me that 18 is his mission record and that this last week was the most productive week of his entire mission! Pretty honored to play a role in that.

 
Anziano MacPherson and me!

Sunday was a really cool miracle day. Our investigator, Salvo, called us in the morning asking if he could come to church with us. We rode our bikes to his house and took the bus with him and he stayed for all 3 hours of church! Also, a girl who we found in the park this week actually came to church which was super sweet. Later that day we were on the bus and I felt inspired to talk to this Philippino family about the gospel. They were so nice to us and they gave us their phone number and we will hopefully meet with them this week! Following the spirit is one of the greatest things we can do and it will lead us to miracles.

It was really embarrassing on Monday when I accidentally hit a pole with my bike and broke the wheel. Everything got fixed the next day and I was back in business in no time. We had an amazing dinner at a members house on Tuesday night which was so great! They had a really nice piano and a super overweight cat which are 2 things I really like haha. I shared one of my favorite scriptures, Alma 7:23 which talks about always being humble, patient, diligent etc... It's really a scripture we should all try to live by!


 Guys the mission really is a great experience. I will never forget the people I have met and the experiences I have made. I always look forward to making more memories and helping more people. I've seen over and over again that we can become better and better each day if we set good goals, go out, and DO. It's the DO part that people miss.

Ward activity
 
All you can eat Bologna foods!!!

 Luckily we have the gospel and a loving Heavenly Father to help us along the way. I know that what I am doing and what I am teaching is 100% true, otherwise I would be out here. I've seen the lives of people change literally from sad and depressed to happy and grateful.

 It's a wonderful thing. I miss and love you all!


Our Piazza!!! Belissimo!  I'm so happy to stay here for 3 more mths!


 -Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment