WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Training, Greeny Fire

Ciao carri!

Crazy, fun, and exciting week here in Bologna. Just to let you all know we are totally fine and okay from the earthquake that hit last night.

 
I am lucky enough to train Anziano Minnoch from Seattle Washington!
 
The other day, I traveled to Milano to meet my new companion who is Anziano Minnoch from Seattle, Washington! Him and I have had an absolute blast together in these last 7 days and I am so excited for the next 12 weeks together here in Bologna!! Training brings a lot of responsibility but it also brings a load of fun and something we call "greeny Fire". He has it and we have been working really hard. It's really interesting being with someone who is brand new in the mission because it feels like I was in his spot just yesterday.
 
Anziano Thomson and me!!!!

 Like always, miracles have been happening here and I've seen that this work has been moving forward and it always will. While doing finding, we met a guy from the Philippines who is actually a member. He didn't know where the church was so we told him and invited him and he came! It was the first time in a very long time for him. We also found 2 new people who we will meet with again this Saturday. This week we got an online referral from a lady who wanted a Book of Mormon whose house was literally across the street from our church. It all seemed too good to be true but she exists and we taught her about the Book of Mormon and gave here a copy. The sisters will be teaching her next week. A lady that me and my last companion found just accepted a baptismal invite from the sisters!! Also, our investigator, Salvatore, came to church for the 2nd time last Sunday and he seemed to enjoy it!
In action!

 These next few weeks will be really nice because lots of people will be returning from vacation and we will have much more to do!  I also heard there is a less active member who has 9 cats... I think I know who we are visiting this coming week.

9 Cats!!
 



 I love this work so much. The time of the mission is so valuable and it goes by too quick. Lately I have been studying the importance of humility. It is not something that we can just acquire right away, rather it's something we need to grow. Humility is submitting ourselves to the Lord and trusting in him more than ourselves. Alma shows such a great example of this in Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Barrel Chip
 
We found a Mexican food restaurant!!


 I love you all so much! Missionary work is the best!

 -Anziano Hogan
Gelato! (as usual)
 
The church flooded :( but we were inspired to go check it out and we saved it from bad water damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment