WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Willy has been called to Merate

Ciao Everyone!!
Sorella Benedetti's cat!  He is a chubby cat!


 So much happened this week with transfer calls and saying goodbyes. I have been called to go to the city of Merate. It is pretty close to Milano and the cities of Como and and Lecco. The cool thing is that I will have a car in my new city because everything is all very spread out. It is one of very few cities in Italy that has a car. Another thing is that Merate will be my first city with a ward and not a
branch so that will be great for more work. It is honestly so weird leaving Trento after being here for almost 6 months. So much has happened here in Trento in these last months and it almost feels like
a really crazy amazing dream. The members became like my family along with all of the investigators and friends I have made. I never thought it would be so hard to leave this beautiful place! I will miss it so much! Although I'm sad I'm also very excited for a new adventure and a new city.

Saying goodbye to my Trento family.  Sorella Pavan on the left (helps us with everything), and Claudio, my ward mission leader in the back.
 
 
My ward mission leader Claudio

 Well this week really was great. It was mostly filled with seeing members and new converts which was really nice to do. I did an exchange with Anziano Jaques from Bolzano and we went to Merano for a part of the day to do service for a family. It ended up snowing really hard so we weren't able to get home till late because of the weather but it was a super cool experience to see it snow so hard. That was the day I received the news of being transferred so it was exciting.

The dinner Anziano Jaques made me on our exchange.  Buono!
 
It SNOWED so hard this weekend.  This is in Merano from my exchange this weekend.
 
Pizza Dante in Trento covered in snow.
 
Winter wonderland in Merano
 
This was after we did service for someone in Merano.  That's why I'm wearing jeans and running shoes.


 The next day, Sunday, was really nice because I was able to bear my testimony and just share with everyone how grateful I was for being able to work with such strong members of the church. After church we met with an investigator and then had a great meal with an English class member who invited over some friends who were very interested in us and our church. 
Last district meeting in Trento with Lott, Jaques and Olsen.
 
Saying goodbye to my new convert Gerard,  He is so awesome!  He is preparing to go to the temple and serve a mission!
 
This was the last night when we had dinner at a members house.  His house is a tiny room so we squished in and it was fun.  haha!
 
This is Stanley, one of our branch missionaries.  I'll miss him!


 It's crazy to look back at my first day here in Italy and just see how much I've learned in such a short amount of time. So much joy can be found through service for others and following Jesus Christ. I know this because I have been trying my best to follow Christ and serve other people and it sure has brought me more happiness than anything else. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and continuing the Lords work in Merate. This will be an exciting week to come!

Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment