WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Happy Spring and Easter!!

Ciao Tutti!! 
 
And Happy Spring and Easter!!

This is me shaking Elder D. Todd Christofferson's hand!  Best day ever!!


Me and Anziano Thomson
 
Me and some of my MTC district
 

 I seriously love Holidays that focus on Jesus Christ because it gives us missionaries more opportunities to share more about Him. This week was one of the most eventful weeks of my mission yet. On Thursday I was blessed with the opportunity to personally meet one of the 12 apostles, Elder D. Todd Christofferson. All week I had prayed so that I could receive a strong witness of him and of the words that he spoke. The moment I saw him and met with him I knew with everything in me that he was an apostle called of God. The words he spoke and the council he gave brought me so much comfort and help with my mission.

 It was an experience I'll never forget. Later that day we went to the Hospital in Merate to give a member a blessing who had fallen off of His bike and was seriously hurt, Thankfully he is recovering and feeling better now.

 Anzaino Richardson(my companion) and I were able to go to our ward activity last Friday which was country themed. We dressed up like Cowboys and seriously had a blast. I love the ward and the people here so much!!
Country activity
 
The best member in the world.  His name is Kahlidi
 
Dinner at the Perez/s house.  They come from the Dominican Republic, Equador, and Peru.  It was so yummy!
 
This was the Dominican Republic food and it was super good
 
Saturday we taught 2 people in the morning, were fed lunch by the Prigottis who fed us again on Tuesday, taught 2 more people after that and then had a dinner with a family who made a massive Santo Domingan (Dominican Republic) meal. It was such a great and crazy day. I was able to meet most of the members at church the next day and was constantly amazed at how incredible they are. Some members from Boise Idaho gave us Peanut Butter from the US and that was like the coolest thing ever!!

 My companion and I were given permission by our mission President to see a very famous opera called "I Due Foscari" by Giuseppe Verdi at the Scala Theater in Milano on Tuesday night! It was honestly the coolest thing in the world being in one of the most popular theaters in Europe and hearing the Orchestra and Opera put together with a really interesting story line. I'm pretty sure we are only able to see one opera for the whole mission so I was very lucky to be a able to see such a good one.


 
 


 I just want to share a little bit of what Elder Christofferson some about last Thursday. It was really awesome because after he spoke, he gave us an hour to ask him questions. One missionary asked why people pray to receive a testimony and yet they still don't feel/receive anything. Elder Christofferson said that there are a many things that could stand in the way of a response. He said that we must first have a heart and the desire to completely follow any answer we receive. We don't receive answers if our sole purpose of praying is to satisfy our curiosity. If we show God we have real intent and a sincere heart, He will give us the answers we seek I hope everyone has a great Easter this weekend. I am so grateful for Jesus Christ. I know He lives and I know we can become like Him if we follow Him and if we love Him.

Watch the new Easter video!
FollowHim.mormon.org

I miss and love you all!
-Anziano Hogan


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment