WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, March 3, 2016

WEEK 28!

CAT! This is my favorite cat here.  His name is Atilla.
Me eating Mac n Cheese!  It's not every day you can find this in Italy ha ha ha!
Happy March everyone!

This last week was pretty great for us here in Trento. This Saturday we will receive transfer calls so I may be called to a new city which is very exciting and also sad. After being in a city for almost 6 months, everything starts to feel like home and the people become like family.


 Last Thursday, I took a try at making breadsticks and it turned out great so I probably got lucky. We made delicious brownies from some people. We were really lucky and got fed 3 times this week by families and that was super yummy and great. It rained for the majority of the week but the mountains are fluffy with snow once again and it makes this place look unreal and beautiful.
Me and Elder Lott with the fluffy white mountains behind us!

 This week was slightly slow for us so we did a good amount of finding and found some really nice people who gave us their phone numbers!

This Sunday was so wild and crazy. I had to translate for sacrament meeting which wasn't anything new but I wanted to do an extra great job because there were a lot of english speaking people there. I said a prayer right before it so that I could have the ability to understand and translate well enough for the visitors and investigators. Throughout the whole meeting I was able to understand clearer than ever what the speakers were saying. It honestly was a miracle.

 After Church we had lunch and a lesson with members and an investigator which went super well. This girl we have been teaching will be getting baptized in 2 weeks!!

A cool church in Spormaggiore


On Monday we had the opportunity to eat with this family who literally lives in the side of a huge mountain. It was pretty cool and the family is awesome! We took a train and a bus up to this small village called Spormaggiore to do a pass by a referral we were given by a member. Unfortunately this person was not home but we had a nice sack lunch on a ledge over looking this huge valley with castles and snowy mountains. We were able to catch a bus back to Trento and have a couple great lessons with some of our investigators.




the castle



The famous Tiroi castle


We made it!















 For Pday today we traveled to Merano with the Bolzano Elders. Merano is basically Switzerland and it is probably one of the nicest, cleanest, most beautiful parts of the world. We hiked up to 3 medieval
castles that were hanging on the edges of mountains overlooking the green valley of Merano. It was beautiful!!



A nice stream we found on the trail





 It was another wonderful week. I love the members here so much, they are such special people who love the gospel. I am truly so blessed to be here and teach and learn about Jesus Christ. Something I had started at the beginning of my mission that I am so grateful for was write down all the blessings I've seen each day or week. Each time I look back I am able to realize how great life is and how truly blessed I am. I'm really glad I did that because it is one way I can remind myself of how frequently Heavenly Father is present in my life. I hope everyone has a great week!

Liebe Sbank which is the "lovers bench" in German


 Love,
Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment