WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Exciting week: Easter, a car accident and coming home for surgery

Ciao Tutti!

I hope everyone had a Buona Pasqua!! (Happy Easter)
 
 
 
An Italian Easter dish.  It was good!!


 We were able to meet with a lot of people this week to get everyone excited and ready for Easter! If any of you are wondering they do celebrate Easter here in Italy haha Actually the Italians go all out on Easter, I love it. We were able to show a bunch of people the church's Easter initiative video which everyone seemed to love.
The Nicotras and their friends.  Probably the best Italian family out there
 
Awesome Nigerians that we teach.  The one on the far right served a mission.


This Sunday was Easter! Church here in Merate was super great as always. After church we had an amazing Easter Lunch with the Nicotra's. Unfortunately, after lunch my companion I and were in a pretty scary car accident. As we drove into an intersection to turn left, a car coming from our left side hit us head on.

Anziano Richardson got hit on his side and he hit his head pretty hard from the impact so he got a concussion. After the crash, I made sure all my arms and legs were still attached and I ran to see if the others were okay and thankfully they were. We had to pry my companions door open because it got jammed in from the impact. He had to be taken by the ambulance to the hospital so we got an ambulance ride and he was later released from the hospital that night. He has been recovering so we have been stuck in the apartment for the last couple of days. Luckily he is feeling better and everyone is alive. Things could have been way worse so we thank Heavenly Father and any guardian angels who were watching over us.

The car after the crash
 
He is alive!  My comp waiting in the ER.  He got a minor concussion
 
Ambulance ride in Italy


 As many of you may already know, for the last 3 months I have been struggling with a health issue that needs surgery and I will temporarily come home and get the care that I need. It really has not been easy knowing I will be leaving these amazing people and this beautiful country, but after much prayer and fasting I know that it is what I need to do. If all goes well I will be able to return to the Italy Milan mission in about 4 weeks or maybe even less which really makes me feel better about everything. This whole situation has constantly brought me to my knees asking God for help and even if there is any other way I get this all fixed. The answer I received to come home wasn't really the one I wanted but it was the one I needed.

 Our Heavenly Father is the only one who truly knows what's best and that's why we must pray and put our trust in Him. Sometimes life throws you some pretty big obstacles but thankfully we have the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that we can leap over them. I am looking forward to feeling better so that I can return to the mission that I love so much and continue to teach the people Heavenly Father has prepared for me in Italy. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend watching General Conference. I know I'm so excited!

 Ciao!

 -Anziano Hogan
Cat high five
 
All you can eat sushi.  I got the boat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment