WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Never forget to thank Heavenly Father for all that we receive

Mamma Mia!!
 
 
Me and my new companion Anziano Richardson
 

What an eventful week in my new area of Merate. This city is just about 45 minutes from the Centro of Milano and it is really amazing. It is very flat with bright green spacious fields and farms everywhere.

Merate  - farm beauty
 
 
 
 
This blog wouldn't be complete without a cat picture!
 

 It really is a totally different and unique part of Italy. It is very different and also kind of similar to Trento in that there are no mountains towering over the city but it still feels like out in the middle of nowhere. Here we have a car which is very efficient for missionary work because we can get to like 5 people In a day with not much of a problem. In just 6 days my companion and I were able to teach 21 good quality lessons so as you can imagine I am pretty happy with the work we have.

 

One of the best parts of this city is the members and people we meet with. There is a huge ward here with lots of strong and outgoing members. As far as baptisms go, this transfer should be great with about 4 scheduled baptisms so far. Last Monday when we we driving, we had some extra time so I looked in my planner and said we should go and see this less active member named Victor. I guess the missionaries haven't met with him in a really long time but we were able to see him and it was seriously so amazing. He is a little humble man from Equador who lives in just a small room with his scriptures besides his bed. He told us he was so grateful that we thought of visiting him and for lifting up his spirit.

So a really nice miracle happened this past week. One of our investigators is getting married on March 26th and her baptism will be on April 9th! She is so excited and so are we.

 Some fun/funny things that happened this week was I decided to cut my own hair which was kind of scary at first but I was able to fix things up. There are huge grocery stores here, a lot like wallmart, so I was able to find things to make Mexican food!!!! I made fajita burritos and I was seriously crying with joy because I've missed my Mexican food. Our washing machine has been broken since I arrived here but a guy is coming on Friday thank goodness.
I made Mexican food!
 


 This weekend we had stake conference in Milano and Elder Johnson from the seventy spoke about gaining a testimony and it was really great. It was so awesome seeing so many members of the church in one place here, I loved it.

I've just been thinking lately about some of the blessings received from a mission and I've decided that I am most grateful for is being able to expand and learn certain lessons which one may not have been able to learn anywhere else. There are things about this world and about myself I have come to realize thanks to the experiences and people I have met here and for that I am so grateful. One of my favorite scriptures of all time is Alma 7:23-25 which reads "And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works. And may the Lord bless you..." As long as we strive to be the best that we can be and ask God for those things in which we lack, he can teach us the things necessary for us to reach our full potential. And we must never forget to thank him for all that we receive. I strive ever day to have these characteristics.


 I know I am so far from perfect but one of our main goals in this life is to learn and try to become better than we were the day before.

 Here is my new address!
Love you all! Ciao!

New Address:

Via Vicenzo Monti 3
23870 Cernusco Lombardone
Italia

-Anziano Hogan

A river near our city
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment