WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Friday, July 15, 2016

"The way is prepared, .."

Ciao a tutti!
How is everyone's summer!

 
The famous umbrella street in Ferrara

Bologna couldn't be better. Well maybe if the weather was a bit cooler it could but other than that, it's the best haha. It got to 100 degrees!! Yes I've eaten tons of gelato, but maybe too much.

My good friend and companion Anziano Vasquez has reached the end of his mission and will be leaving on Thursday so I will be staying in Bologna and getting Anziano McPherson. We will be together for this next 5 week transfer and then he will also be finishing his mission.
Last district meeting with the peeps
 
 
"Dying" missionaries

This was another great week. We went and did an exchange up in Ferrara which was pretty cool. It's a really small city by Bologna that has always been pretty tough work wise. Me and Anziano George (Who is from San Clemente) taught a few lessons to some really nice people in a park.
San Luca, Bologna


 Last week we had to split up our Pday for a conference, so last Saturday, a member named fratello Mantovani took us to see the Headquarters/Factory of Lamborghini which was so cool. He also took us out to eat at some of the nicest restaurants of Bologna, which is in my opinion some of the best food in the entire world.
Black Pizza!!  It was the best pizza I've had yet






 
 
Not sure if this is safe.  ha ha
 
Anziano Vasquez and me
 
Lamborghini headquarters


I think I mentioned how last week we got a self referral from a man named Alessandro. Well, we met with him a second time and things couldn't have gone better. He told us how he wants to get baptized, so we will be working towards that goal with him! This Sunday was amazing! This Peruvian family from Milano came to visit the ward here and they brought a friend who lives here in Bologna and he told us he wants to join the church. He is going back to Peru for a month but wants to be taught by us when he returns. Also, some non member friends of mine from Trento came to church here in Bologna to surprise me. They went to all 3 hours of church and it really meant a lot to know that  they traveled so far just visit me. The mom has been reading the Book of Mormon and I hope she continues to read and go to church in Trento.

Friends from Trento who came to visit me.

The mission bring so many blessings! I can honestly say it's the most fulfilling thing I have ever done in my life. It's really helped me realize that we all have so much to live for and we all can do our part to make a difference in this world. I love this scripture in Alma 37:46 "do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way...
"The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever." The gospel is given to everyone, if we just look and follow it we be blessed.

I love Italy, I love gelato, and I absolutely love teaching people about Jesus Christ.

Willy

Eating Napoli food
 
They showed the Eurocup finals in the main square of the city!  So many people!!! We couldn't watch it obviously but we were able to get this picture of it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment