WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Friday, July 1, 2016

Hot summer, Gelato and Happiness

Buon estate tutti!! (Happy Summer Everyone)
 
Exchange I did with Anziano Horne!  We are eating at seriously one of the best gelaterias ever!  Called Bologna ride.

 Crazy good week here in Bologna! It is super hot and humid but like always, that just means more excuses to get gelato. This is the best city ever, I seriously hope to never leave. I'm not sure if anyone at home is keeping track of the Euro Cup of soccer, but Italy just advanced into the semi finals, so of course we found that out when the whole city was celebrating.

While we were waiting for a lesson, we saw this crowd of people watching the soccer game.  They all went crazy after Italy won!

 The work has been awesome and we are enjoying every minute of it. Anziano Vasquez and I thought we were pretty invincible until we found that someone liked our bikes enough to take them haha... The good news is that we found a university bike auction and got ourselves some more used ones for super good prices. As I mentioned last week, we found ourselves some new people to teach! One of them is a college student named Alberto who is super interested to learn more especially about the Book of Mormon. The university here is the oldest university in the entire world so it is such a cool experience to teach students there. On Monday night after a lesson fell through, we did some finding and taught a super humble man named Temime who we met with again the next day. There is an investigator who has been seeing the missionaries for literally years, and just this last week we were able to really get him progressing again which is great. In the last couple days we have received some high potential referrals, so we really look forward to meeting with them.

This is one of the parks where we do our  "finding".  Bello!

 This last Saturday night, I was asked to give a talk for sacrament meeting the next morning. And after praying about what to share, it was clear I needed to talk about how God has a plan and purpose for everyone. I'll be honest, while at home, my plan/purpose at times seemed a bit unclear to me. Thankfully I was able to see firsthand that God never leaves us alone and he will comfort us to know that things will work out. I'll never forget how much of a miracle it was/is for me to come back and start where I left off here in Italy. I'm so happy to be out here doing this work. Heavenly Father will always provide a way for us to do His work!

Selfie with the towers.
 Have fun at the beach and don't forget to get some waves for me.

-Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment