WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Friday, June 24, 2016

Summer, getting hotter, finding people in Bologna to teach

Hey everyone! Ciao!

I can't believe that it is already officially summer! It is definitely getting hotter outside but it hasn't been too bad lately. We had a good week just trying to find more new people and getting the ball rolling in Bologna. Our new mission president, President Allen, arrives sometime next week which is pretty exciting.

 
 
Un bello lasagna dal mio collega
 
 As I wrote in my letter last week, we were able to go to Venice on Wednesday and have an exchange with the Anziani who live in Mestre. We were able to get some great work in over there and we even ended off the exchange with an all you can eat sushi buffet with gelato! While we were in that area we ran into about 6 different Mormon families from America who stopped and talked to us which was pretty cool.
 
The ward family night we had!  Such great people!

 We had some pretty awesome things happen to us this week while finding. While talking to people in the parks and on the busses, we've been able to find 1 family and 4 other people who want to meet with us again! The 1 family we met was while we were on the bus Monday night.  It is a mom, dad, grandma, and 9 year old daughter all from Ecuador!

I'm honestly super excited to see how things turn out in the next few weeks here. There seems to be so much potential with the people we have found, it's really exciting.

 This last Sunday was Father's Day! In Italy they actually celebrate it on a different day so it just seemed like any other day. I am honestly so grateful for my dad for raising me, supporting me, and inspiring me to be the best missionary I can be. I hope to be as good as a missionary as he was when he served in California. I am also so grateful for our Father in Heaven who has an incomprehensible love for each and every one if us. Being on a mission has really helped me realize even more how truly real and loving our Father in Heaven is.

 He is there, He is caring, and as real as our own Father is. I love you all!!

Willy



No comments:

Post a Comment