WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Still wearing a tag and being a missionary

Ciao Amici!

Ready to go on a visit with the missionaries in Vista


 This week, it made me happy to see my surgery heal more which has allowed me to be a bit more active. I'm very anxious to see the doctor next Monday and see how I am doing so that I can return back to the best mission in the world!
Taking a walk in Elfin Canyon


Wednesday was definitely the highlight of my week as I worked in the mission office and joined the missionaries here in Carlsbad for a lesson. We taught a lady who had a pretty rough background and serious addiction to cigarettes. She told us she has the desire to quit but not the power to. In the end of our discussion about Jesus Christ and power of His Atonement, she asked me to give her a priesthood blessing so that she could be given the strength to overcome her addiction. The things that I blessed her with were so specific and personal for her that we all knew the words I spoke were not from me but from Heavenly Father. After the blessing, she said, for the first time ever, that she would quit smoking and work towards being baptized. That whole experience was pretty amazing and something that will definitely be remembered as a part of my mission. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood and how real it is and how well it works.

As we were walking back to our car, we ran into a big 360 pound guy who was a less active member of the church. He asked us a trick bible question and before we knew it we agreed to do 10 pushups which was interesting. To make things more embarrassing, he posted it on his snapchat story. After getting to our cars, a random lady drove by and gave us 2 boxes pizza!! (nothing like the good Italian pizza). Some people are so nice. It was a great day! It really made me miss and appreciate how much I love being a missionary. Its definitely interesting getting a taste of two totally different missions where the people may be different, but the gospel is the same.

I have been home now for 4 weeks as a set apart missionary and it has been very interesting experience. It's so great to still have the ability to wear the tag and be a missionary, even while I am home.


 Some very valuable things can be learned through life's most confusing and unpredictable challenges. In all of this, I have tried to take a step back and learn a few things. I'm honestly grateful for everything I have. I know everything will work out and I will end up where I'm supposed be very soon.

I'll continue to keep you all updated!

I found a hungry horse

I found a chubby kitty



 Ciao!

Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment