WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

A trip to the San Diego temple and doing work at the Carlsbad Mission office

Ciao Tutti!

Another week of recuperation and doing everything I can to keep myself busy.  This week I definitely felt a bit better as far as recovering from the surgery goes. I saw the doctor on Monday and he decided to have me come back in 2 more weeks. I was planning on being able to go back to Italy sooner but I've got to do what's necessary to get better! Luckily I am able to get up and walk around more which allows me to do more while I am here. This week I was able to go through the San Diego temple for the first time! It was so nice to go into the temple especially since missionaries in Italy don't have the opportunity to go for 2 years. The temple really does have such an indescribable peace and spirit about it. I can't even describe how much better I felt after being inside.




 Last week I had the idea to do some computer work in the mission offices by my mom's house in San Diego. After talking to President Kendrick, of the Carlsbad mission, I got myself some things to do to keep myself busy. Today was my first day working in the mission office and it was a great feeling being able to do missionary work again. Even though I was on the computer making templates all morning, it was fun.


My desk at the mission office with cake.


 I got an email from one of my MTC teachers, Sister Russel, who told me to read a general conference talk called "Come what may, and love it," by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. After reading it I felt so much better about everything. This talk is applicable to everyone in any point in their lives. He talks about how we can endure any hardship by looking for humor, seeking for the eternal perspective, understanding the principle of compensation, and drawing nearer to our Heavenly Father. My favorite quote from this is "If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness." Staying positive and wise through all that we go through will only bring us more blessings. I'm grateful to still be a missionary and see all the blessings that have come my way.

Sincerely,

Anziano Hogan

You don't have to live in Italy to make good Italian food!
 
Some uplifting letters I received from the Vista 3rd ward primary children.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment