WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Continuing to recover and hoping to get back out to the field soon

Hello Everyone!

I want to thank everyone for all of the kind letters, prayers, and support I've received in these last two weeks. I have seen countless blessings during this all.

Thanks for the visits! (and letting me hold my favorite kitty)
 
Thank you so much, Bekah, for the goodies!
 A lot of you probably wonder what I do with all of the time that I have being at home while still being a missionary. I could describe it as a fish being out of water, I sort of feel out of my element. Its definitely hard going from a busy planned out lifestyle to petty much the opposite but I have been able to deal with it pretty well. This has all been a great opportunity for me to explore gospel principles and topics of the gospel that I didn't really have the time to out in the mission field. I have started studying more in depth the history and life of Joseph Smith, along with the pioneers who sacrificed everything to be able to freely live the gospel. I have also been trying my best to communicate with members and investigators in Italy to stay focused and practice the language. Today I was able to Skype one of my favorite families from my first city which was so nice! As I start feeling up to it, I am going to work with the missionaries here and also try to spend as much time as I can at the temple before going back out.


This is how I was feeling after the surgery

 Everyday I see improvements with everything healing the way it should. I was able to see my doctor last Monday and he told me that everything seems to be healing well. For the next few days it is up to me to feel and decide if the surgery fixed the problem I previously had. This Monday will probably be when we decide if I will go back out in 2 weeks or not. Im just hoping and praying that everything will feel great so that I can hop on a plane to Italy in just 2 weeks!

I got a nice, yummy package from the Goodrich twins in Utah

 Thank you everyone again for all of your prayers and support. Ive been able to learn some pretty valuable lessons from this whole experience. Most importantly I've been learning that that Heavenly Father is at the helm and we must learn to trust that he won't lead us down the wrong path. When we can't see whats ahead, we need to remember He can and it requires our faith and trust in Him to make it through our challenges. I love being a missionary and I always will continue to love this work. I continue to hope and pray that I will have the opportunity again to pickup what I began in Italy. I am so grateful and love you all! Have a great week.

I get to practice my piano skills.
 
Lunch with my mom at Tutor and Spunky's


 Elder Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment