WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

WILLY'S FIRST BAPTISM

Ciao Friends and Family! 

Definitely the most successful week of my mission yet. So many great things happened for us! We had a baptism for Gerard! He seriously has the strongest testimony ever and has been ready to hear the gospel long before we started teaching him. 
  

Gerard's baptism!


Gerard and his family



The story with him is all a miracle. Several months ago his family (Who only speak french) who are all members of the Church came to Italy from the Ivory Coast of Africa. One day Gerard's brother ran up to us and told us he is a member and wants to find the church. The mother said a prayer one day asking that her family would find us and it was on that same day that we found them and taught them. So we brought them to church and they have come ever since. They have always brought their non member brother Gerard who was really interested in the church, but we couldn't teach him because my french wasn't really good enough. Well, Anziano Beaulac came as my new companion and he speaks fluent french (total miracle). Long story short he was so ready to hear and accept the gospel and was baptized last Saturday. I was lucky enough to baptize this man. I memorized the baptismal prayer in French and was able to say it no problem in front of all these people. It was such a unique and spiritual experience I really will never forget. Gerard bore his testimony after he was baptized and said that he had been searching everywhere for the truth in different religions and finally found it when he heard our message.


Dinner at Gerard's family's house.  They made us traditional food from the Ivory Coast of Africa.  It was super good!

Maroca rice and fish and stew.  SO good. From the Ivory Coast.


There were 4 investigators who came to the baptism! We were so happy that they came and felt the spirit. The next day 5 investigators came to church (2 of them were new) to see Gerard receive the gift of the holy ghost. It was the best!

We got 4 new investigators this week who are all university students at the University here in Trento. We received a self referral from one of these students( Which is so rare!) So we brought a member with us and went over to their house and 2 more students were there all wanting to hear our message. They all want us to come back! The    are all from different parts of Italy. The other student we have taught is a friend of a Sister in our ward. She is from Mozambique Africa and she loved our message and wants to keep learning more and get baptized! They are all seriously so great and so ready to find the truth. Our branch is so so excited that we are teaching university students because its very rare and also our branch needs more young adults. We have been teaching more of our new investigators with members which really helps so much.

We had so many amazing days but also lots of very tuff challenging days. No matter what though, I know Heavenly Father gives us challenges to help us grow, otherwise we would be in a state of non
progression. He also gives us so many blessings as we follow and do what he asks. I have seen so many blessings. So Many!! I love my mission so much.


I think on my blog it was mention I had some minor health issues. These last couple weeks have been a bit challenging but I'm feeling a little better. I'm grateful to know that Heavenly Father loves me and has been hearing my prayers. I'm grateful to feel so loved. I truly would not want to be anywhere else. These miracles, spiritual moments and even trials are priceless and I wouldn't want't to trade them for anything.

I am so grateful we were able to baptize Gerard this week. Baptism is just the first step. He wants to go to the temple and serve a mission and have a family. This really brings me more joy than anything in the world. I love you all! Have a great week! Thank you for all your prayers!


Arrivederci!!


-Anziano Hogan


Package from Rebekah!

Wow... This was a good day ....haha!

In front of Romeo and Juliet's balcony.  

Burger King with Gerard!

No comments:

Post a Comment