WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snow in Trento

Buoun Anno!!

Wow it is weird to think that its 2016 already! For New Years we had to be home early so Anziano Beaulac and I played some rounds of UNO which was pretty fun! ( Thank you Grandma) We both woke up at 11:55 to celebrate and it was pretty crazy and loud outside. To start the new year, for lunch we made some fresh pizzas in our kitchen while listening to Italian opera, so that was pretty fun haha. 




On Saturday it SNOWED! It was dumping snow for a good hour and it was super cool!! We were able to go to the refugee camp and have some nice hot chocolate and some great lessons. 
Snow!!


So our investigator who was going to get baptized this weekend decided that he wants to have his baptism after his birthday which is in a few weeks. Not this weekend but the one after, our French/African investigator is getting baptized! His name is Gerard and he is seriously one of the most amazing guys in the world. His testimony is so strong! Im bummed because I'm not really able to say everything I want to him (because he only speaks french) but I try and I'm always able to feel the spirit so strong when he shares his testimony. We have another new Investigators who is Italian, from here in Trento. He tells us that he wants to come to church and be taught by us more! When we met with him we found he smokes about 30 cigarettes a day. What is super cool is he is letting us make a plan and goal for him to help him stop. My fingers are crossed! We are trying to help him realize that through much prayer and effort, Heavenly Father can give him the extra strength to overcome his addiction. 

Yesterday on Tuesday, Anziano Beaulac and I made a BUNCH of doughnuts to give to our investigators, neighbors, and members. We thought it would be a good way to brighten up their day. Well so far its been a success but I've eaten too many doughnuts. 
My mozzarella creation

This week I seriously learned so much! Something I really thought about a lot was about prayer and receiving a testimony. Prayer is one of the most powerful tools in gaining a testimony. We constantly tell our investigators that we are here to teach them about Jesus Christ and the restored Gospel and also to help them build a relationship with Heavenly Father. We cant really persuade someone enough to believe, they have to receive a spiritual confirmation from God for themselves to know. Its also very important to know that Action is required to obtain a testimony or receive an answer. We have to search the scriptures, attend church, and do all the things we are asked and We will receive an answer.

I'm constantly amazed at how much I learn each day. I am so grateful for everything that I have. This is truly the most fulfilling and most uplifting thing I have ever done. I love this work so much! I love all of you! 

Buon Anno Tutti!!


Anziano Hogan
The African "camp" where we go almost every day  And that's the famous football table.

It was some holiday in Italy today that I've never heard of.  It's like Halloween I guess  ha ha.

I made chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment