WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, January 14, 2016

MEMORIZING A BAPTISMAL PRAYER...IN FRENCH

Ciao ciao!

Another great week in the life! It
was a great start with zone training on Thursday. Those are always really fun and spiritual. My companion gave his "dying testimony" which was really good but sad because he's going home so soon!. Im pretty lucky to have such a great and experienced missionary as my companion.


My companion after his final testimony

As for this week, our city just built a Burger King! So we went last week and it was really good haha.



Fridays are now Pizza Fridays, so Anziano Beaulac and I made some very good pizzas! I made the dough and everything so I was pretty happy and they tasted good!


Our AMAZING pizza!
Our mission President, President Dibb, came to Trento this weekend! He is really a great guy. He interviewed each of us and he came to all 3 hours of church which was kind of stressful but so great! President Dibb gave a really great talk about the Book of Mormon and how we should invite others to read it. It really motivated our members to help us with the work which was so great. After church we were invited to have lunch at a members house. It was amazing, especially because the grandma made it and Italian grandmas are known for cooking some pretty delicious things.
We did an exchange on Monday so i stayed in Trento and my companion went to Bolzano. It was so much fun!
The view from our members house


Our French/African investigator (soon to be member) is seriously the most amazing guy in the world. I taught him the other night while Anz. Beaulac was in Bolzano so it was up to me again to use my French. It all worked out and it was so spiritual. We showed him a General Conference talk on the Holy Ghost. He was so lit up and full of the spirit and he shared how much he is looking forward to his baptism this weekend. last week He had asked me if I could baptize him. I was seriously struck with so much joy when he asked me. I have been trying to memorize the baptismal prayer in French! which is really interesting and fun, I really hope I say it right. I am truly so happy
to be a tool in Heavenly Fathers work!



All you can eat sushi

The other night I felt like we needed to visit a lest active members house. He was home which was great! and we shared with him a powerful message about how Heavenly Father can give us the power to make difficult, yet necessary, changes in our lives. He has a problem with smoking and we are helping him come to know that Heavenly Father can give him the extra strength to quit. At the end he said he was very grateful for our message. We asked if we could help him with anything and he said he is hungry and doesn't have the money to by any food. So Anziano Beaulac and I went to the store and bought him enough food to last him for about a week. Our Branch President told us to do this and tell him it was from the Branch. I can't even describe the look on his
face when we showed up at his door just 15 minutes later with food. He was so grateful. We were so grateful to be in instrument in helping this great man.

I sound like a broken record because I say this every week, but I am truly so grateful to be a missionary. The most fulfilling and joyful things I have ever done! Its an honor to be doing this work. I can't wait to tell you all how the baptism goes! I am so excited for it all.

Till next week! Ciao Tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment