WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving.

Ciao tutti!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Anziano Simmons from our stake!

 Last week on Thursday we had Zone conference and we were surprised with a huge Thanksgiving feast! It was awesome. No we didn't eat tons of pasta and meatballs, we ate ham and mashed potatoes! It was really good.

 President Dibb spoke to us and trained us on a lot of things. We talked about some better ways we can use our iPads as a tool in our work. The iPads are seriously such amazing tools for teaching and proselyting.

 In Trento they have started to put up a bunch of Christmas trees and lights which run along the streets. They also have a humongous nativity scene in the park which is really cool.


Christmas is here in Trento

 Things here in Trento have started to pick up a little bit! With Christmas just around the corner, I can see that people are opening up a bit more. I seriously love this time of year. I feel like it's the best time of year to be a missionary because it's a chance for us to talk to people about the real importance of Jesus Christ and his divine purpose.

On Saturday there was a funeral for a lady in our branch who was 102 years old. Wow! So Anziano Yee and I helped out with that. On Sunday we did a pass by a less active member and we were surprised with dinner! On Monday I did another exchange with Anziano Sosa which was a blast. He speaks only Italian, Spanish, and some English so I got a good 24 hours of language practice with him haha. On Tuesday we were able to get Gilbert back on track with a new baptismal date! We also have another progressing investigator named Sammy who is a super solid guy. We had an amazing lesson with him and at the end of it, he told us he is willing to work towards a goal to be baptized!

 Today we traveled to Riva Del Garda again and it was even better than last week. I am in love with where I am! The people, culture, food, are all amazing. I face so many challenges each day out here, and although challenges aren't fun, I'm thankful for each and every one because they only make me stronger.

Riva Del Garda

Old war forts

Riva Del Garda


 Unfortunately we don't have anything crazy planned for Thanksgiving tomorrow but I found a piece of turkey and I hope I can figure out how to make it good hahah. I love this time of year! We get to celebrate what we're thankful for and also celebrate the birth of our Savior.

 Our mission is going full force with pass along cards and the "Because He Lives" videos. I am SO excited to go crazy with all of these amazing tools to bring people to the knowledge of the importance of Jesus Christ! I hope everyone can use this time of year as an opportunity to share with someone the message of Jesus Christ.

 I am so happy to be out here. It is incredible to see the hand of the Lord In this work. I know Heavenly Father loves us all and that he will direct our paths as long as we are willing to humble ourselves. I really am happier than I've ever been. I have a whole lot to be thankful for.

Till next week,
Ciao!!
Willy
My brother, Jack always wants to see pictures of me holding cats.  So here's a cat that lives in Riva Del Garda.




No comments:

Post a Comment