WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, November 11, 2015


 
The beautiful Fall colors

Ciao!!

I can't believe I have already been out for 12 weeks!

This week was fast Sunday even though we fasted last week haha.

I bore my testimony again! It definitely was a bit more refined than the first one I gave when I first got here. Sunday's are so great here. They can be a bit stressful because I have to translate the Sunday school class but it is so fun!

This week we were kept very busy. Anziano Yee and I really teaching to find more Italians to teach so we have been doing lots and lots of finding. At first I didn't like finding but I've gotten to like it the more times I do it.

The weather has been very nice here lately. The mountains and leaves have been changing colors and it all looks so beautiful! Trento has been getting ready for Christmas. They have been putting up lights and Christmas trees everywhere. I guess Trento is famous for their huge nativity scene they put up each year. I have seen them starting to build one of them and I can't wait to see it when it's all done!


My Morning View


Lately we have been going to Rovereto ( the city next to Trento) because we have a man from Nigeria named G there who we have been teaching! He has a baptismal date set for the 21st of this month! He loves everything we teach him. He has been progressing so much and we are so excited for him. Seeing the gospel change his life brings me more joy than anything in the world.

This is Brother G.  He is getting baptized in 10 days!

Today my companion and I went to Pergine to walk around and shop.

 
Pergine

We also got some pretty awesome haircuts. The barber didn't really understand what I wanted so it looked pretty bad. I had to go home and fix it up after haha.] 

New Haircuts (I had to fix it up after)

Beautiful waterfall in Roverto
 
Me in Roverto
 


The work here is going well. I am so happy to be serving the lord. I have seen that Heavenly Father never ceases to answer my prayers. Of course there are days that are so hard and nothing works out the way we wanted but we must always have faith and a positive perspective of all things. Something very valuable I learned this week was about faith. Sometimes i feel very discouraged and I fear that I won't be able to do all the things the lord expects me to do. After all, I am only human and I do have weaknesses. I learned that it is through faith and trust in the lord that I am able to do his work with fullness and joy. We always need to remember that we never have to do anything in this life by ourselves. If we have enough faith and trust, Heavenly Father will be with us every step of the way. If things don't go the way we expected, we must remember Heavenly Father has a will and a plan for all of us.

I truly love what I am doing. I have always wanted to serve a mission and here I am! The lord has blessed me so much. I love you all!

Piazza Dante Park


Ciao!!

 -Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment