WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Trying to Remember French from High School

Ciao!

An old family recipe called "Dad's Favorite" 

This last week was great. Trento is getting ready for Christmas! I love this city so much.

Things have been just a bit slow here. My companion and I have been working so hard each day trying to find new people. The work that we do each day is so satisfying and joyful.


On Saturday we did a pass by to this lady whose daughter is in our ward. She let us in and shared with us some super good cake! It is always fun to bed fed treats by the Italians.


Last Sunday night we went over the French/African's house and shared with them a message! We thought it would be really awkward and quiet because they only speak French and we only speak English and Some Italian. To be honest it was one of the most amazing experiences ever! We shared a video in French about living life with patience. I could tell they loved it so much. We felt inspired to show them this video because we knew that life was a little difficult for them. We shared with them the best we could that Heavenly Father loves them and knows what they are going through each day and as long as they hold onto this gospel, they will see so many blessings. In the end they all shared their testimonies which were all so strong. I've learned that the language of the spirit is universal. The spirit can still teach us things through the testimony of others even if the words they speak cannot be fully understood. Another amazing moment was when I was able to remember some of the French I learned in High School! I tried my best to bear a testimony in French which was super hard, but I was able to say what I wanted.

Today for Pday we went to Riva Del Garda, which is the biggest lake in Italy! It is also the wind surfing capital of Europe. It was so amazing. It was the first big body of water I have been to since I left home  haha.

Riva Del Garza
 
Riva Del Garza
 

I am so happy to be a tool in Heavenly Fathers work. As long as I push along and joyfully do this work, I will never have a bad day. I know that this is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing. I will never forget the connection my mission call has with my family and Italian roots. I know My call was inspired by God! I am learning the language day by day and I have been getting so much more comfortable with not being afraid to talk to everyone! I love this work and I love this gospel.

Willy

No comments:

Post a Comment