WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Last Message from Willy. The Best Two Years

Ciao belli,
 
Teaching the English class what a photobomb is

 This was an awesome week. We worked SO hard as usual, sometimes not even having the time to stop and really think about ourselves. I actually like that, because the reality is that we become more spiritually and emotionally solidified when we are constantly looking outward and helping others.

 On Tuesday we spent a whole day with the man who manages all vehicles in Europe! Last Saturday we were eating gelato in Milano and a French family asked us about the church and we were able to hand their info over to the missionaries in Paris. Also, this Sunday was seriously one of the best because we were able to have 2 people come to church that had never come before! We have stated to teach a family of 4 that we found while at a park. So AWESOME!!

Best gelato in the world!

 The hard work never stops and the joy that comes from missionary work never goes away. The reality of it all coming to an end still really hasn't hit me yet. After being so committed to something for 2 years, it's so hard to even imagine what life would be without it. Luckily I know that I will always remember what I learned and what I know to be true in this world. I am so blessed that I have been able to understand the actual importance of a mission. Unfortunately some people see the mission as a chore. What we do out here literally changes people's lives. A mission is a privilege and an experience I'll always be grateful for.

 The people I served with became like family. I loved all the cities I served in. It was pretty rough having to return home, but I will be forever grateful for being able to come back. My testimony has definitely grown, my view on the world has opened SO MUCH, and my relationship with my Savior has become so real.

 I love the phrase "A missionary leaves his family behind for 2 years so that he/she can help other families be together for eternity". It's all true. Thank you for your prayers, love, and support in these years. So much of me will always remain in Northern Italy. These really have been the best 2 years of my life. I love you all.

Saluting a goodbye to one of my favorite families


 Love,
Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment