WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Buon Natale a Tutti!

Buon Natale e Aguri a Tutti!!



 Che bellissima, questa stagione di Natale!

 Just a few more days and its Christmas! Holy moly we have gone so hard with the 2016 Christmas initiative, people seem to really love the #SiiUnaLuce video. Christmas time definitely does soften the hearts of people.
Amazing lunch we had in Venice with friends I taught English to last year
 Last week was yet another whirlwind as it always seems to be. We traveled to Modena for a mission conference that was held by Elder Johnson of the Seventy. He had me and Anziano Bruggeman get up and share some of the miracles we have seen in Mestre, specifically about meeting this man named Giovanni. The next day we drove to Verona, then Milano for another conference with Elder Johnson.

 Lots of traveling and conferences but so many great things I was able to take away and learn.


2nd conference in Milano
 
Half of mission conference
 
English class Christmas party
 


 Giovanni, whom we had met a few weeks ago, finally met with us last Wednesday night. He brought the Book of Mormon we had given to him, of which he had read 501 pages in just 2 weeks. As we told him our experiences of why we know it is a real, true book, he told us he felt the same way. He hugged us both at the end and thanked us for being testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Experiences like this, in my mission, have only come a few times, so I'm super grateful!

Venice today!
 Last night we had dinner at Fratello Massimiliano Franni's house. He is a professional pianist and the BYU music professor. It was one of the coolest experiences for me to meet with someone, whose music I actually have heard before! We are having Christmas dinner at his house so we are looking forward to that.

 I hope everyone enjoys this Christmas Sunday. Don't forget to take some time to sit back and read about our Savior Jesus Christ. He gave us a gift that exceeds any gift money or time could buy. He gave Himself for us, and hundreds of doors open for us if we love Him, and Follow Him. I've been able to learn and understand the power that comes from knowing that He lives, and Knowing that His church has been restored. This knowledge creates for us, the most secure foundation that could support anyone in any life crisis. I love you all, and I especially love my Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!

 Love,

Anziano Hogan

My trainer and me from last year!
 
Anziano Josh Thomson
 
MOSTRA!  In Mestre downtown
 
The ward gave us food for Christmas!
 
Our ward loves us!!
 
Making Gnocchi
 
Making Gnocchi with our ward mission leader

No comments:

Post a Comment