WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Miracle of my mission and moving to Venice - Mestre

It feels good to be writing you guys again even though It feels like I wrote you all yesterday!


Visiting the Ducati Factory!

 




Believe it or not, this is in downtown Bologna
 
 
Life has been great. The 3 elders I have been living with are like best friends to me. We laugh our heads off every time we are together. Yesterday Anziano Jensen picked up a pigeon, just an example of his wildness. Its great and I am sad to leave!

I have been in this city for 6 months and it has become such a huge part of who I am. I will never forget the people, the experiences, nor the food! Transfers are happening this week. Anziano Minnoch, whom I just trained, is going to train a new missionary next transfer, which
is the first time that's happened in this mission in a long time. I have been called to go to Mestre, which is where Venice is!! Who would have thought.. I hope to make any difference I can to this new city.




Benjamino: an awesome member!




Last dinner with Erica and Giuseppe




Another mostra!

 These last several days have been some of the best days of the misison. My great friend Max was baptized this last Saturday. I will be surprised If I will ever meet someone with a more amazing
conversion story than his. As I mentioned in other letters, Max served as a Catholic Priest for more than 10 years, and has been given a few very tough trails in life. About 3 years ago he started reading the Book of Mormon after he met the missionaries on the street. He read the whole thing and gained a testimony of it that he said he would never forget. For two years he stopped meeting with the missionaries because he felt his trail was too much for him. 3 months ago we met him on the street and last weekend he was baptized. I've never prayed harder, worked harder, or felt so inspired for just one person in my entire life. On Friday night, the night before his baptism, we gave him a blessing for a really bad headache he had been dealing with for a few weeks. Immediately after the blessing he said that for the first time in 3 weeks his head had no pain. I know that the priesthood works. That was the first time I was really able to see it work so quickly and swiftly. The next day, President Allen and Sister Allen came to the baptism and everything went perfectly. I am so grateful to have played a part in this whole thing.





Il Battesimo di Max
Last shindig with Max

 Its moments like these that make everything seem more than worth the effort. I love all of you and I cant wait to share with you all my experiences in Venice and Mestre! Have a great week!!

The "funeral" for Sorella Visconti who is going back home to France


Ciao
-Anziano Hogan

New Address- Via Cappuccina 19/F, 30172 Mestre, Italia

The chairs represent how many transfers you have done.  This is the last pic with the Bologna District!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment