WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, September 8, 2016

GREAT WEEK!

Hey everybody,
Gelato with Austin!  He is getting baptized this month!

Post power hour gelato

Gelato with Jerry (a member)

 Like most of the weeks here in the mission, this one was great. I seriously mean it when I say, I would not want to be in any other place doing any other thing than what I'm doing right now. It's the best. Anziano Minnoch and I have been doing lots of busy work each day which makes us crash hard each night, which is the goal.

 A super cool miracle happened last Wednesday night when one of our investigators, Austin, told us that he was ready to be baptized. We have been teaching him for a while and he is seriously one of the most humble, kind, spiritual guys ever. His baptism is for the 24th of September! I've leaned that humility plays a huge part in the conversion of the people we teach. We see lots of times that the humble seek for the truth more often than those who are prideful.

While we were walking in downtown Bologna and this Italian guy waved at us so we turned around and talked to him. It turns out he was taught by the missionaries years ago and wants to meet with us again! His name is Max and we will teach him this Friday.

I am really grateful for the mission. I remember a testimony given by a missionary several months ago who said "the mission is really the most selfish thing we could do because of all the blessing we receive in return." I know that sounds weird but it's actually true. To some people, the mission can seem like a long grueling 2 years of selfless work for other people but really it is 2 years for us to learn, grow, and be happier than we have ever been before. The key to being happy is being selfless. Helping other people and seeing them become happy through your own efforts brings the best feeling in the world. I know I've definitely already received a lot more in return than what I have given. This church is true and I love this!
After a good lesson with Salvatore, one of our investigators

The California missionaries  ha ha

The August 2015 MTC crew (just some of us)

A training meeting with President and his wife.


 Love,
Anziano Hogan

Ps. Elder Holland is coming to speak to us in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment