WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

WILLYS LAST WEEK IN THE MTC. HE LEAVES NEXT TUESDAY! william.hogan@myldsmail.net

Ciao a tutti!!

This is my last email to you all here at the MTC. Things are winding down pretty quick here and I'll be in Italy before I know it. I have experienced many challenges and even more spiritual experiences. I have learned so much about myself and about my purpose as a missionary. Each day as I learn more and more Italian, I grow closer and closer to Italy because I know that Heavenly Father has prepared people waiting to hear me teach them the truth. 

This past week, my companion taught a woman over Skype who lives in Milan, Italy! It was the most amazing thing being able to teach a real Italian about the church! This last Sunday was such a treat for all missionaries. We had Brother Newell from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Music From the Spoken Word come to the MTC to broadcast live. It was the first time in history they have gone to the MTC in to broadcast Music and the Spoken Word, and I was in the choir!
 
One thing I don't think I have mentioned is how amazing our teachers are. Fratello Gessel, Sorella Miles and Sorella Russel have all served in Italy and they are amazing people. Without them, I don't know if my MTC experience would be the same. I forgot to take a picture with them so I'll try and send one when I have my next Pday in Italy! 
 
My Zone
 
That reminds me, We got our flight plans last Friday!! Probably the best moment ever. We leave the MTC at 7am this Tuesday and fly out of SLC airport at 12:30pm and get to Chicago at 4:34pm(chicago time) Then we Fly from Chicago to Frankfurt, Germany and arrive at 9:45am(Germany Time) Then off to Milan and we get to Milan around 12:30pm in the afternoon on Wednesday! I was told that when we arrive in Italy, we get amazing Italian food and go straight to the Duomo to start handing out copies of the Book of Mormon! The next day we meet our new trainers, get our new area assignments, and off I go to some amazing place in Italy. That will be the most exciting part of my mission yet.
 
The thing I am most grateful for about the MTC is how I have been able to strengthen my testimony. The more I read the Book of Mormon, the thinner the veil gets. In these last 5 weeks, I have said countless prayers asking for help, comfort, guidance, and strength. Every single time Heavenly Father has answered my prayers. I cannot wait to begin my journey in Italy because I know that Heavenly Father assigned me to serve in this mission for a reason. Who knows, maybe I will get assigned to the Genoa area which is where some of my family's blood relatives live. Like my dad, I have such a love for Italy and for the people - even though I have not met them yet. I know that this church is true with every part of me. I have seen miracles here. I cannot wait to share the truth. I have left my family and friends for two years so that other families can live together for eternity. 
 
(I may not have a P-day right away when I get to Italy so there is a chance my next letter wont be for a week or two) .
 
I scripture that I came across this week that I love is 1 Nephi 17:3
 
Till next time.
 
I found a cat!!
 
 
Ciao!!
-Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment