WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week four from William.hogan@myldsmail.net

Buongiorno e Tutti!!!

Sono multo emozionata per Milano!!!! Week 4 is out of the way! After being here for a month, the MTC has become a lot more comfortable. It is really not that bad because we get to study Italian all the time and I seriously love Italian SO much. It is the most amazing language out there- I think.. And I'm so lucky that I get to learn it! The 3 elders and I in my district have started doing this thing call Speak Your Language. We go a certain amount of time where we are only allowed to speak Italian and nothing else. So far we have gone a whole entire day and a few half days doing SYL. Now that we only have like 12 days left here, we have decided that every day as we speak to each other, we will first say what we know in Italian( which is surprisingly a lot) and say the rest in English and write down what we don't know so we can study it.

Our district has the best teachers in the world! They make the 10 hours of class each day bearable. So far, my companion and I have taught somewhere up to 45 or more lessons- Only in Italian. Most of them are taught to our teachers playing the role of an investigator they had in Italy so the situation is fairly realistic. Some lessons are also taught to Italians who live in Italy. This week my companion and I are teaching a 30 minute lesson over Skype to a member living in Italy. So cool! Seriously nothing in the world makes me happier that to help someone come closer to Jesus Christ.

 
 

On a slightly different note, something that I am devastated about is that I am turning white!! You know when you're a missionary when you skin tone is one shade away from the glowing watch tan. At least I haven't lost anymore weight. I lost 6 pounds since I came here. Its weird though because I still look the same. Every morning I go super hard in the gym because If I don't I would probably get chubby from sitting all day. After the gym, the elders and I will play spike ball instead of Frisbee. Spike ball is way more fun because everyone would play it at the beach and it makes me feel at home. Every night before we go to bed we will play a game of horse with the basketball hoop we have and that is super fun and it gets pretty intense. Every Sunday and Tuesday, the Elders and I have been doing choir which is so amazing. Elder Eggit, the director for the Tabernacle Choir, is our director!! There are 1,070 missionaries in the choir so you could imagine how awesome we all sound when we sing.
The twins sent me a package.  Thank you!

  Knowing that our time here at the MTC is winding down makes me pretty happy because Italy has been calling my name for a VERY long time. We get our flight plans this Friday which will be like Christmas!! We all cannot wait!
 Brody Earnest and Me
 
Justin Sterner and Me
 

On a slightly different note, Last week a sister in my district lost a family member and she asked me to give her a priesthood blessing. I gladly did so and when I placed my hands upon her head I had absolutely no idea what to say. It was when I began the blessing when words filled my mind. Heavenly Father was speaking to this Sister through me and I know that to be true. The spirit I felt in that moment was almost tangible. I felt as if a tunnel of fire was surrounding all of us it was that powerful. I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to perform that blessing.
Just one more P-day here and after that I'll be writing you from some beautiful town in Italy. I have already started to grow so much love for the Italians. I know that Heavenly Father has people there who are prepared for me to teach them the truth. I love sharing the gospel more than anything because it is true. I have seen it change lives as it has changed mine so much. I have seen real miracles happen here almost every single day. I have come to the knowledge that this is the true church because I have read the Book Of Mormon and have prayed about it. I want to share with you some of my most favorite scriptures: 1 Nephi 3:7   1 Nephi 9:6   D&C 90:11   D&C 58:27
I love you all. I am so so happy to be a missionary. A mission is very challenging, yet so very rewarding. Till next week! CIAO!
-Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment