WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bongiorno!!!
Io so che la chiesa e vera!! This week has been such a roller coaster. Dallin H. Oaks spoke to us all last night which was so amazing! I can't believe I was able to hear an apostle speak to us! I really want to share what he said so I'll do that near the end.
We started this week off on such a high when we discovered that we are allowed to play the pianos whenever we have free time (which is super rare). I can't even describe how happy I was to know that because I love playing the piano. Now whenever I get super stressed and when I have free time, I'll make my companion go with me so that I can play. He just has to sit there and listen to me but he says he likes it so I'm glad.
 
The next day was really bad, though. I came down with a fever of 100.2 and I felt so sick. I had no energy and had to miss class so that I could sleep and try to recover. It was horrible because I had a bunch of down time to worry about home. Its not fun being super sick in a place that is not home. Before I went to bed that night, the MTC said that I had to go to the urgent care in the morning. I was totally okay with that because I needed to get better so that I wouldn't have to miss class! On my way back from the front office, I decided to stop by my classroom and say goodnight. While I was there, I felt prompted to ask my companion for a blessing. He willfully said he would- It was the first blessing he has ever given. It was extremely powerful and so uplifting. He said that I will be blessed with a speedy recover and the knowledge that Heavenly Father with answer my prayers. When I woke up in the morning, I walked over to the urgent care and sure enough, my fever had completely vanished. I didn't feel 100 percent better but I sure felt like something other than my own body healed my sickness. I knew that Heavenly Father blessed me to be healthy enough to attend class and teach investigators. The night I was sick, I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father that I would be just healthy enough to teach and learn. I was blessed with those things and I know that this was a miracle. 

Despite any of the challenges we face, our district is seriously a big happy family. Sometimes when we get super restless or stressed out, we will have a push-up competition or a wall sitting competition. It is so much fun!! I am so lucky because all of the elders I live with are pretty healthy guys- for the most part. They all like doing super hard work outs which I love because I don't want to get fat here. I have actually lost like 4 pounds for some reason. I have been eating a lot and working out a lot too. After we do our hard workouts, we always run over to the huge field and play an intense game of frisbee. We are getting WAY too good at Frisbee. I'm starting to feel like one of those old creepy guys who play in their speedos at the beach.( I hope that wasnt too graphic) It is so much fun though!! Oh and something I want to add is that one of the Elders in my district, named Anziano Anderson, Is the SAME exact person as Kramer from Seinfeld!!! He is hilarious! The things he says are priceless. I've made a list of the things he has said. I'll share that another time maybe. He is also my favorite because he got 40,000,000 views on a cat compilation video he made on you tube!!! I have probably seen it a million times before I came here. 
Ill now end with what Elder Oaks taught to all of us. He spoke mostly about Preach my Gospel and very important teaching tips. His wife said that as we grow closer to Christ, we will have more light! Which is so true. Elder Oaks taught that the Spirit is the real teacher in all lessons and to all investigators. Because this is true, we, as missionaries must keep ourselves clean and focused so that we can have the spirit testify to the investigators that what we teach is true. We need to be instruments in the hands of our Heavenly Father. Not just me as a missionary but all of you. If we ever had a challenge, something that will always help you is to loose yourself in the service of others. As Elder Bednar once said. "By loosing yourselves in the service of others, you will find yourself."
Of course times get stressful and tough here, but I have learned that prayer really does work. Many times I have prayed, asking that I can get through a tough moment and I have seen over and over my prayers being answered. I love where I am. I have never been more happy in my entire life. I have learned so much about Jesus Christ and my purpose as a missionary. The language is going great! the gift of tongues is so real! I cant even believe that I have been able to learn so much Italian. I can now hold a conversation and teaching has gotten way easier!! I love this church and I know that it can bless our lives. Any burden, sorrow or pain can be taken away if we follow the Savior. I love you all!!
Ciao
-Anziano Hogan
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment