WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Monday, May 8, 2017

Transfers, tears and smiles!

Family and friends!

 
We ran out in the hall!
 
The Waters


 What an interesting week, holy cow. Some tears were shed, lots of hugs given, along with lots of trips taken to the airport and train station. Anziano Simmons finished the mission this week and I got to see him run and hug his parents. It was a special moment to be apart of. I actually know his parents so it was awesome to spend time with them and talk more about our homeland. I think the most mind blowing experience of my mission was having dinner with Anz Simmons and his family at a members house, while Anziano Simmons was not a set apart missionary anymore. He was released that day over Skype. Together we ate arancini, which in my opinion is Italy's best food. My new companion now is awesome though so I know we will have a blast and work hard together.

On Wednesday we picked up the new missionaries from the airport- one of my favorite things to do. It is such a blast to see the energy and excitement from these new missionaries. The very next day we gather up the going home group who have served missions for 18 months to 2 years. The contrast we get to see between the new and finishing missionaries is pretty awesome. Its like the difference between a green banana and a perfectly ripe one. The new group is ready to take anything that comes, and the missionaries that have served till the end have become such a more experienced, wise, and spiritual person.
 


 On a super, super high note, we set a date for Jofel to be baptized in June! This family has come so far, it makes me so happy to see them progress as much as they are. Just 3 months ago we felt inspired to pass by them, and today they are all coming to church and the husband is going to be baptized. Honestly, I am so happy to be here. I never knew so much joy could be experienced in a mission. I know that joy comes from our Savior Jesus Christ. Its when we love and serve others as He loved, when we feel this joy. Italy is amazing, the food is unreal, the people treat you like family, and what we teach is true. I love you all.

 
Dream team district coming to an end
 
 
With Anziano Simmons and his parents




April 29, 2017


Hey everyone! I want the days to slow down because they are flying too fast! We had an awesome zone conference this week. We starred in the mission wide safety video so it was cool to watch it in front of the Milano zones and hear everyone laugh haha. Right now the mission is focusing on being creative to do missionary work instead of being old fashioned. I seriously love it. Even though we spend lots of time in the office, we still try to get our message out to people by doing creative things.

Short tie day


Tonight we played soccer with some members and their friends which was super intense because soccer is like a religion here. It was still cool to get out there and show that, although we are missionaries, we are normal people with talents like everyone else.

Exchange with Anziano Keller


  I got a new companion this week! Anziano Wilson from Vancouver Canada . My 3rd comp from Canada who also speaks French! He is here with me and Anziano Simmons so he can learn all of the office duties before Anz Simmons leaves. Earlier this week, a man named Michel from France called us and wanted to meet us in Lodi. How cool is that! Just two days after Anziano Wilson got here, this guy calls us. So we taught him the whole lesson in French and I was able to help out because I studied French throughout school. Michel has already learned almost everything from when he was in France and he wants to be baptized. It is very cool to see how things just work out in the way that they do. Easter was super great and we were able to spend it with some awesome people. We ate good traditional foods and talked a lot about the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. I know He is the Son of God and our Savior, even though I have never personally met or seen Him.

Famiglia Diaz!!
 
 


 I've had way too many special experience in my life and mission to ever deny it. The world asks, what is the source to all happiness? It is Jesus Christ, and everything I teach about Him. It is almost impossible to believe it unless you try and see for yourself.

Love you all!

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment