WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Be Happy and Have a Gelato!

May 20, 2017

 
Calcio!
Ciao famiglia mia!

Another life in paradise. This week in particular I had a ton of appreciation for where I live and when I get to do everyday. I look back at all the places I have lived and the people I have been able to help and I couldn't help but thank Heavenly Father for this life changing experience. I was eating a gelato in Lodi the other day and I looked down the cobbled stoned street and literally almost cried at the fact that I cant stay here forever. I am so happy I am where I am and that I get to do what I do each day.


Ferrari and Gucci in one

 Jofel, the husband of the Philipino family has completely transformed into a new person. He is so much happier and has changed his life for the better so that he can be baptized in a couple weeks. We are so grateful.

My store!!! H O G A N....I asked them if I could get a deal because of my name and they said maybe! haha.


 I also noticed more of the funny things that happened this week. 1. Anziano Wilson broke the church broom while trying to wack the dust out of a rug. 2. The post office lady told us to come back the next day because she was tired.  3. We decided to sit by a statue in Milano and out of the thousands of people there we happened to sit by Anziano Brooks Aunt and Uncle who offered to buy us lunch. 4. We taught a new guy who wanted to start a new religion with us. And tons of other good moments.

Milano e Gelato.  Due cose che vanno insieme

 Life does have its downs but it is seriously so full of hilarious and positive things. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and have a gelato. Life is too short to waste it being upset. I know that this church is true, I know it more now than at any other moment in my life. Enjoy this life, serve someone, and be grateful for the little things as well as the big. Love you all! It was weird skyping you and seeing some of your faces. I was so happy to see you!
Have a great week.




May 13, 2017

Ayyee ciao a tutti!
Exchange.  Got some gelato
 
Yessssss


 This week was actually really good, but nothing super crazy happened. It was the first full week with anziano Wilson, my 3rd Canadian companion! We were in the same district back in November through January and we always thought it would be awesome to be companions.
My bed

 Well here it is, and we are having a great time and working super hard. I need to point out the fact that Heavenly Father has been blessing us so much lately. The ward we are working with has had some ups and downs with not any new members for about 18 months. As of recent we have been led to find a few new people that are all now solid active members who are helping us serve even more people. We live outside of our area and work there everyday until 5:30, yet we still see success with the 3 hours of work we get to do in Lodi each day. It's a miracle and a huge blessing that is very evident to us.

Anziano Wilson and me

 The members here treat us like their children- there is nothing more a missionary could ask for. We always tell our members. "Look! We know our mission assignment is a bit different from the other missionaries in the mission but we would still drop anything at any moment to come and serve you and teach the gospel to any friend of yours." It's true, we love the people here and this work is so important to us. I am so grateful for all the mothers out there in the world. Especially my mom. I know it's pretty cliché to say, but I honestly can't imagine what life would be like without her. The talk by Elder Holland "behold thy mother" is impossible to read or listen to without shedding some tears. A line that always hits me is "No love in mortality comes closer to approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a devoted mother has for her child." Without mothers, there would be less selfless love in the world. Without mothers, this world would be much worse than it is now. A big part of who I've become is devoted to my mom. I'm so grateful for them!

Lodi

Buona festa della mamma. Vi voglio un sacco di bene! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment