WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Baptism and Transfer

Ciao cari!




 Mi mancate! Sono proprio felice qua.

This week Marco was baptized!!! His wife and two kids were there and the room was completely packed. It was definitely one of the most rewarding moments of my entire mission. His wife is a member from Ecuador and she was the one who originally introduced him to the church. In one of the very first lessons we had, Marco promised his wife that they would get married in the temple.

 I'm eternally grateful for the opportunity to be a part of Marcos life and baptism!

 This last Saturday I got a new assignment from President Allen to be the new mission Clerk. I will be companions with Anziano Simmons (who is from the Laguna Niguel stake!!!) and together we are basically the nerds who deal with the mission cars, charts, finances etc. We work most of the day in the office while still working with the ward of Lodi, Milano. I hear they are a killer ward with awesome families. Its definitely a huge change to my normal missionary life but I really look forward to it.

 It is sad to be leaving this place!! I feel like whichever city I go to, I join a new family and make friends that I'll never forget. I'll miss it but I have a super good excuse now to come back and visit. I
sure learned a lot here and I had a great time with Anziano Bruggeman. In this city I've learned a lot about the importance of love. It is the most powerful tool to making this world a better place and helping others become happier. I really love you all and I'm enjoying everything I doing here.

 In the office our pdays are usually Saturdays but sometimes Wednesday.
My new address is:
Via Antonio Gramsci 13/2
20090 Opera MI
Italia

Snow!!!!

Selfie on the tram!

I drew a snow cat!

Snow!



January 18, 2017

Another week in such a great part of the world. This week it snowed which was super cool! also freezing cold. I've gotten like a hundred comments from people who laugh at how I'm from California and I'm here in the cold. It's honestly so great here despite the challenges. Very often we are lead to certain places and people at just the right moments. We are always able to find tender mercies, and that is because the work we are doing is true.

 On Thursday we traveled to Pordenone to do an exchange and help them out a bit. The next day we did another exchange with the elders from Vicenza which was a blast because that's when it dumped Snow!

 In Italy there are huge sales going on right now, so Anziano Bruggeman and I used that as an excuse to buy new Italian suits. They look great by the way. We will wear them tomorrow for our zone conference and take some pictures don't worry!

 I think it's so awesome how much I learn out here. I am so grateful I have chosen to serve a mission. Unfortunately some people think that missions make us miss out on life and waste time, but it's
sort of the opposite. I've done more, seen more, and learned more than I ever would have if I were to have stayed home. I'm grateful for every moment of it. This weekend, Marco is getting baptized! He has the best little family in the world. Him and his wife want to get married in the temple next year which makes me so insanely happy. I love you all.

Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment