WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Friday, October 28, 2016

The Work is Moving!

 
Ciao carri!!!


The mission is great, it makes me happy, sadly it all moves by too fast. I try my best to make each day the best I can make it. I also try to never let myself forget how lucky I am to be serving where I am. I never knew a city as awesome as Bologna existed!


William is getting baptized next week!
This week was definitely one I will remember. We did a Family Tree display in downtown Bologna on Sunday and it was a huge success once again. I got super artsy and drew a big tree with lots of little people in it. We talked to so many people!
 
An awesome thing that happened this week was setting a baptismal date for Max and William for next month. William is a dentist and Max is a school teacher here in Bologna. We have also continued to work with Salvatore who has a goal to be baptized next weekend on the 5th of November. We have been working so hard with these three awesome people. Each of them have completely different life circumstances but have all accepted to be baptized which is a testimony to me that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is for everyone. 
My experience working with Max has been a huge testimony builder for me. For a long time, Max has been facing a pretty big trial in his life. There was a point a few weeks ago where he felt like this trial was too much for him to continue to meet with us. Never have I felt the spirit so strong, telling me to not give up on someone. I was as persistent as I have ever been with someone as I kept telling him that he could do it. To make a long story short, he has a date to be baptized. He thanked me for not giving up on him, all I could tell him was that Heavenly Father was the one that wasn't giving up, I was just following the sprit. 

The "Tree of Life"

Anziano Young in the back of the bishop's truck
The mission is great. I've learned so much but I know that there is still so much to learn. One thing I better learned this week is that life will always have its ups and downs but we can never give up, especially on other people. 
I love and miss you all!!
-Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment