WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The best medicine for having a bad day is....

Hello my family and Friends!

Crazy week with Zone conference, my birthday, and an exchange with Bolzano. Such a good week!
 
The birthday on the mission was definitely an interesting one but it was still really fun making the most out of it. That day just happened to be the most wild, busiest, and  slightly unlucky days yet but it was also one of the most fun days yet. I did make a birthday cake for myself thanks to Rebekah who sent me all the ingredients haha. OH my that cake was very very yummy.


Birthday cake...Ingredients from Rebekah


 Zone Conference was great! It is always fun seeing people you know and friends from the MTC. We talked a lot about teaching with the spirit and pre-paring ourselves well for every lesson. We all got a cord to hook up our ipads to any TV so that we can share videos and messages to families and investigators. We are truly so lucky to ha
ve the ability to use this technology. If we use it wisely we can do so much great and effective work with it.


A pday last week!  Playing Settlers.

Train ride home after the birthday party.

 We did an exchange this week with Bolzano and I took Anziano Olsen up to Trento with me. He is a farmer from Idaho and he's a cool guy. We did a lot of work and had lots of fun. Monday night after teaching a couple people, we did some street contacting as we walked home. As we were walking and talking to people, we came across this cool park that had some pull up bars. I decided I would give it a quick try to see if I still had it in me. Before we knew it, it turned into a little competition with me and Anziano Olsen. Then this guy walked up to us so we challenged him haha. After some minutes we started talking about the gospel and we ended up giving him a book of mormon after testifying of it. It was great! I'm sure glad I tried to see if I could still do some pull-ups.

 
A nice birthday meal from English class members

 Last night we ate dinner at the Bolts house. They are the service couple from Switzerland. We had an amazing Swiss meal called Rōschti which is like sausages and hash browns. It was buonissomo!!!


Swiss dinner called Roschti!  With the most amazing napkin in the world.


 For Pday today, we were given permission to leave our zone and spend the day in Milano. We walked around the Duomo and got the best gelato In the world!! There are way more people in Milano than Trento which was cool to see because there aren't very many people in my city.

Duomo in Milano




 Wow being a missionary is so fun! Man it's a ton of work and it's not easy but it is so extremely fulfilling helping people become more like Christ. I have certainly learned the importance of living everyday the best that you can and finding ways to serve and help other people. The best medicine for having a bad day is to turn away from your self and sacrifice some time to help someone else. Love and miss you all!


 -Anziano Hogan

New haircut

Trento

No comments:

Post a Comment