WILLY IN MILAN

WILLY IN MILAN

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Questsa setimana era molto bene!

Buongiorno!

Questsa setimana era molto bene!

I can't believe I have been here for about a month already! The days go by so fast and the weeks even faster. I was able to do an exchange with my zone leader Anziano Mocellin in Verona last Thursday. We had a ton of fun and we were super busy all day. Verona is a biking city and all of our appointments were all super spread out so I was able to see some amazing things.

 
This is me in Verona

I also did an exchange with the zone leader in Brescia, which is an hour away from Milano. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from the elders in that city.

Trento is still beautiful and amazing. It rains a lot and it's getting pretty cold but I love this city!

I have been learning so much every single day. The language is coming along pretty well but I am far from fluent.

Verona and its beauty


This week we were supposed to get 21 lessons. Last week my trainer and I planned for a couple hours making sure we would be successful in getting all 21 lessons. We set up about 23 lessons for the week and we set out to work as hard as we ever had. After doing about everything we could, we were only able to get 16 lessons. That is still more than the standards of excellence but it wasn't 21!

When we weren't teaching people, and we did everything that we could, I felt like I didn't get the lessons because I didn't work hard enough.  But the reality was that the people we planned to teach had free agency to choose if they would go to the lesson or not. Relying on the free agency of others is not an easy thing to do but it teaches me to be patient when things don't go as planned.

Juliet's Balcony (as in Romeo and Juliet)


The French family we found and taught last week came to church and they loved it! A member here speaks French and was able to translate to them everything! The family is so happy and feel so blessed to know that Heavenly Father answered their prayers.

Roverto -a small town, which is in my area


The work he here is so wonderful! At the end of each day I am full of so much joy knowing that I am doing what the Lord wants me to be doing. I love seeing the gospel change lives! It truly works miracles.

I know that the work I am doing here is Heavenly Fathers work. I am so grateful to be a tool In it all. I have seen prayers answered and miracles happen each week. I am happier than ever, even after the most difficult days. At the end of the day, I know my Heavenly Father loves me and I know that what I am doing is right. I love you all and I love this amazing work!

This is me eating FuFu which is flour and water with a very questionable spicy stew.  It's a genuine African dish.  It was pretty good.  ha ha!
 
FuFu and Stew
 

Ciao!
 -Anziano Hogan

No comments:

Post a Comment